Researchers emphasize the importance of taking care of our digestive health. What we put in our mouths truly matters. One of the ways to maintain a good digestive health is by taking probiotics. They are beneficial bacteria that live naturally and over centuries they were used to preserve and prepare our food that provided raised immunity response. When taken internally they help 400 other species of bacteria living in the intestinal flora do their job. Probiotics solve digestive problems naturally and without side effects. There are so many probiotic products on the market and you have to do some research to find the best ones. This article will show the benefits of taking probiotics and what are the top rated probiotics on market today.
Benefits of taking probiotics:
• Aid digestion through production of enzymes.
• Support normal gastrointestinal balance of good and potentially harmful bacteria. Compete against harmful microorganisms — deterring pathogenic invasion and growth. Help fortify the population of beneficial bacteria in the intestines. Support healthy lactic acid bacteria count and healthy pH levels in the gut.
• Maximize the benefits of a healthy diet by supporting normal absorption and assimilation of nutrients in the gut.
• They produce antimicrobial substances like hydrogen peroxide.
• Protect from bacterial infections, yeast and fungal.
• Detoxification and protection from toxins. (In the beginning of starting a regimen with probiotics detoxification might cause some discomfort which will improve with time).
• Promote regular bowel function by establishing healthy intestinal elimination regularity and consistency.
• Prevent gastro-intestinal afflictions, such as gas, bloating and intestinal cramps, diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), leaky gut syndrome, colitis, colon cancer and Crohn’s disease.
• Reduce or completely eliminate allergic reactions and food intolerances.
• Help to balance cholesterol and lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels.
• Stimulate the immune system which is beneficial to overall health. Experts say that 70% of our body immune response originates in the intestines.
Many consumers (including me) and Natural Health professionals give high ranking to Primal Defense and Bio-K Plus probiotics. Both Primal Defense and Bio-K Plus contain live cultures of probiotics, with the emphasis on word “live”. So many products on the market are low potency probiotics because those microorganisms are barely alive.
Primal Defense maybe ideal for the both colon (large intestine) and small intestine, however Bio-K Plus has larger number of probiotic species for the balance and health of small intestine. The small intestine is where sugar and carbohydrates are processed and absorbed. This product is a live culture that helps the body process sugar and simple carbohydrates and guarantees the population number of those organisms in counts of billions. This is a unique property of Bio-K and it stands alone to be superior to all probiotics for the small intestine.
Neither Primal Defense nor Bio-K Plus has sugar or artificial flavors added which puts their ranking high above other probiotics.
Primal Defense is produced in US and Bio-K Plus in Canada. These are top rated probiotics available on the market today.